8.04.2008

Glorious

Who knew a camera phone could take such a great photo? (LGNV2 - Verizon Wireless). This ornamental Chinese maple in our front yard is the crowning glory of our home, if not a bit too big for it's britches and in need of a pruning. It's the last one to shed it's leaves in the fall and the last one to fully shine with it's burgundy and olive green leaves in the Spring. This year blue jays and sparrows have taken a liking to it and the kids love to climb it. This photo was taken by me as I looked up through the branches into the sunlight streaming through it. To think that this is how the tree sees the sky every day. My favorite part is the one leaf in the top foreground as it stands out from the mass of leaves around it. I hope that in my life I am like that leaf, standing out among the crowd.

No comments: